So this one has been puzzling me for a while. When I go into manage add-ons, and I click on any of the user installed (read 3rd party) or the larger Atlassian plugins, to see the information to update or change keys, the information just never shows up.
It sits here for 30ish seconds
and then just looks like this
No details load, I'm not picking on Adaptivist here, this happens to all large plugins. I also run into this when trying to update plugins individually. I click on the update button and nothing happens.
Here's and odd thing with that too, if I bulk update, by clicking the update all button, sorting the plugins by Action Required, the plugins all update, proper like, but still won't show details when complete.
This in on a test/qa environment for us, so hasn't been the highest priority, but it is keeping us from installing any new plugins, cause we can't open them to add the license keys.
We're running Jira server 7.6.6, but has been occurring since server 7.4.5. Since this is a test server, we have no user load on it. We are running on RedHat Linux with 8g memory and Java heap max at 6g. Java version 1.8.0_151
Anyone else seen this behavior, I'm having no luck with google searches for comparable problems.
I got stuck once time with similar problem and it was related to network connection to Marketplace. IT department suddenly blocked all outgoing traffic and it started all problems. Try switching UPM to offline mode, maybe this will help if something is related to network.
To disable the UPM connection to the Marketplace:
If no change then probably a cache error or plugin error. You can check on the server do you have only on UPM .jar files in the installed-plugins directory and if there are more remove other (older versions, restart and see if that helped). Overall some logs (errors) might be helpful here to troubleshoot.
That was totally it. I turned off the connection to the marketplace and *bam* works.
So seems like I am getting info from the market place connection, because I get the notice about the plugin updates and I can install the plugins from the market place, but anything outgoing is blocked, so it times out waiting for an answer.
Do the log files have any errors in them?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/universal-plugin-manager-inaccessible-or-does-not-show-any-plugins-224402405.html has some ideas you may have seen already
Nothing that points to anything that seems obvious. I've worked my way through:
...and a host of others that I didn't bookmark/save at the time.
I've seen this happen when the UPM is a buggy version, when the server is struggling (check the CPU and memory usage when trying to load one of the descriptions), when I've made a hash of a plugin descriptor in my code, and when the Jira server has not been able to reach itself over REST (i.e. I've messed up my https settings).
I'm sure there are other causes though. Just not sure what else.
I have been trying resolve the loading of the Manage-Apps page. Though the connection to the marketplace is enabled/disabled from the Settings-popup, this-page shows empty-results, and not showing any of the currently-installed-plugins,
Meanwhile, I am working with my n/w team to have proxy-server accept my test-box connections to the marketplace.
I also realized, I don't have any proxy-settings defined at our app/server level.
QUESTION: Can this page break or show empty? If no proxy-configuration is defined for the jira (in setenv.sh or the tomcat), to let any connections go to internet?
I do see time-out errors for the *marketplace.atlassian.com in the atlassian-jira.log in ../jira-home/log/
org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to marketplace.atlassian.com:443 [marketplace.atlassian.com/188.8.131.52, marketplace.atlassian.com/184.108.40.206, marketplace.atlassian.com/220.127.116.11] failed: connect timed out
NOTE: Also in the .../installed-plugins/ directory, there is only one *upm*plugin.jar
But in the .../transformed-plugins/ directory, there are few other older-versions of the *universal-plugin-manager*.jar. Could this cause problem too. I've read in few posts that, we can cleanup the .../transformed-plugins/ directory, and that it may just get reloaded with the currently installed-plugins transformed. I may try this too, after I test with the proxy-configuration in place.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events