Jira Plugin Development for jira 4.4.5 - running standalone jira 4.4.5

sridhar January 24, 2013

I am getting started on developing a plugin for jira. I downloaded the SDK and am going through the tutorial.

The SDK comes configured for developing with jira 5, and I need to develop a plugin against jira 4.4.5

One of the first steps in the tutorial is running a standalone jira instance using this command:

atlas-run-standalone --product jira --version 4.4.5

This succesfully starts jira, and I can connect to it from my browser (http:/localhost:2990/jira)

The problem is that the web page looks like its missing formatting, menus, buttons etc. I think some resources (css etc) isn't there. If I run the standalone version without specifying the version parameter, I can see a clean set of jira pages through my browser.

I am using these versions:

ATLAS Version: 4.1.2

Java version: 1.6.0_29

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

What browser are you using? From memory, jira in IE (8?) doesn't work properly when jira.dev.mode is on. Think it's probably to do with the fact that resource batching is off and IE can only cope with 32 stylesheets.

It's possible to work round this but you're better off just getting a proper browser.

Suggest an answer