We have developed an automated issue creation/update tool based on both an email gateway and a web service API. Issues are updated using the C# Atlassian SDK.
We noticed bad performance in the tool recently and found out that it is actually the call to "issue.SaveChanges();" that takes almost a minute to complete. That seems strange because this also holds if we only update a single field. And although that means we can only update one ticket per minute, the JIRA instance seems to be unusable also for other users at that time.
Support told us that a number of calls to
would cause an out of memory problem and that we should switch to OAuth.
Are there known problems using username / password authentication? And if so, does that explain why ticket creating takes so long?
Edit: Sorry, I have to be more clear about our problem.
Searching for issues by a custom field takes two seconds
2017-08-17 01:23:35,311 DEBUG API Find Issue by Hash
2017-08-17 01:23:37,518 DEBUG API Find Issue by Hash, Success = True
and updating the issue afterwards takes over 30 seconds
2017-08-17 01:23:37,518 DEBUG API SaveChanges
2017-08-17 01:24:11,861 DEBUG API SaveChanges returned
Atlassian support told us they don't help with development topics but that maybe switching to OAuth would help. I doubt it because I would then assume search to be equally slow...
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs