Jira Performance problem

嘉蔚(Viola) 徐 April 1, 2020

Dear Sir,

Our customer has a problem with the system is running so slowly.

Could you help to check why the system is being so laggy?

SEN-16076590
https://zentalk.atlassian.net
Thank you for your kindly assistance.

Best regards,

Viola

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2020

Hello @嘉蔚(Viola) 徐 ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you kindly provide more details on where the slowness is experienced?

Specifically, please go through below documentation page and, if nothing helps, provide the information listed in the 'next steps' section (avoiding to share sensitive information):

• Jira or Confluence Cloud Instance is Running Slowly
    1. Site name/URL
    2. When was the slowness first noticed?
    3. Is it affecting all users?
    4. What sections are affected? Does it affect all?
    5. What actions are being done when the slowness is experienced? Can you list sequence of steps done?
    6. Can you provide a full screenshot showing errors or the pages where the slowness is more noticeable? Please include the full screen with URL.
    7. Use Google Chrome to produce a HAR file of the following pages while performance problems are experienced. (Please ensure your browser cache is cleared before every HAR generation.)
      • The pages that are slow
      • The default application page of the slow application on your site (e.g. JIRA: https://<your-site>.atlassian.net or Confluence: https://<your-site>.atlassian.net/wiki).
      • This page (Jira or Confluence Cloud Instance is Running Slowly) for comparison
    8. The output of a TCP trace-route from your computer to your Cloud Site while the site is experiencing performance problems capture:

For step #8 above, since it is not a good idea to share a har file in public (it might contain sensitive data), you may just want to use the developer tools (network tab) to see if you can identify any specific resource that causing the slowness.

For details on how to do so, please see: Generating HAR files and analyzing web requests

Let us also know:

• If the slowness is only noticed by users from a specific region
  • If the customers are using a proxy or a VPN

Cheers,
Dario

Mayur Mehta January 31, 2021

I am using Jira Cloud and I face same issue while I am connected to VPN. Please suggest. 

Like SRIHARSHA REDDY DEVARAM likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hello @Mayur Mehta ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please notice you are adding a reply to a thread that was opened by a different customer for a different Cloud site almost one year ago on the Atlassian Community (that is a public forum). 

Now, since you are the site-admin of a paid Cloud site and you are facing performance related issues, I would strongly advise to open a support request using the below link in order to have you issue looked into by Atlassian Support:

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer