Jira OnDemand Users for Local Bamboo

Christian Marth October 3, 2013

I currently have a Jira OnDemand instance and a Local Bamboo running on a Mac Mini server,

I have set up the application links succesfully and am able to navigate between Jira and Bamboo etc

Now i'm trying to give my team access to the Bamboo server using Jira as a User Repository and keep receiveing this error

Failed to change the active user repository: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate

Is there a way to link OnDemand users with Local Bamboo and if so, what is the application name and password that I should be entering

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

Hi, I thought OnDemand uses Crowd as backend user management? It's hidden away and you don't have access to it. I think this is the problem. I don't believe you can do this unless I've missed something.

1 vote
Andrea Sciutto November 27, 2013

I have exactely the same need Jira on Demand against Bamboo local. did you manage to expose the onDeman users to your local Bamboo installation?

Christian Marth November 28, 2013
No, raised a ticket and was told we can vote for this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6286 At least they're aware of the issue
0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

also this will be helpful to link Jira with Bamboo.

Christian Marth October 10, 2013
How do I create Jira server users in on demand?

Suggest an answer