Jira OnDemand In-App Notifications

DanielH June 7, 2014

Hi,

We are looking to minimise email in our business and want to now how we can manage notifications in app for Jira. For example if we disable email notifications, how could a user be notified in the app if they were tagged in a comment for example.

I'm aware of Jitter Notify Add On though it's only for Download. What do people do for On Demand?

thanks,

Dan

4 answers

2 votes
Sean Stoner June 11, 2014

+1000 for this feature or jitter support for ondemand. I can't believe an app like this still doesn't have a built in notification tape. Even lesser agile/ticketing apps have this basic functionality which in today's social networking world is nearly taken for granted. We shouldn't have our email box clogged with notifications, but even more importantly I want to simply look at Jira for the most recent few notifications (especially comments made on issues I've been assigned and @ mentions) to click through to them all in one place. Is this even on the backlog/product roadmap?

Földes László August 26, 2015

JIRA always surprises me, even in 2015... I can't even imagine more basic functionality than this.

1 vote
Dela De Youngster April 12, 2018

Heads-up, another in-app notification option JIRA server : Inbox for JIRA https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.inboxforjira.inbox/server/overview.

Looks really good!

1 vote
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

Hi @Daniel Hamilton2@Korey Conway@Sean Stoner,

Why don't you check In-App & Desktop Notifications for Jira, we will support on-demand in-app notifications in a couple of weeks.

Földes László October 11, 2017

This functionality should be obvious. I understand if you write an app to fill this gap, but Atlassian should develop this instantly (nullifying your investment).

Atlassian is pushing the mobile version everywhere. And what should a mobile user do? Check email so he can check the tasks that have changed? LOL.

JIRA is all about filters. Why don't we have a filter that lists all tasks that have changed and somehow I'm involved?

Like Rishi Soorkia likes this
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Hi @Földes László,

All add-ons created in the marketplace are meant to fill a gap in Atlassian products :)

For now we are building the features to receive in-app notifications for saved filters.

Emil Aleksander Schnoor February 7, 2018

@Georges MoubarakWhat is the status of the On-Demand solution? 

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2018

Hi @Emil Aleksander Schnoor,

The On-Demand solution should be released by end of next week.

Emil Aleksander Schnoor February 15, 2018

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the reply.

Emil Aleksander Schnoor February 20, 2018
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2018

Hi @Emil Aleksander Schnoor,

I would like to thank you once again in your interest in In-app & Desktop Notifications for Jira.

The on-demand version should be released early March (I promise :) ) Our team is currently doing the final testing for it and will submit for Atlassian for their approval.

cheers,

Georges

Emil Aleksander Schnoor March 13, 2018
0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

Hi Daniel,

The Jitter Notify - In-App Notifications pluging is provided by the plugin developer Vidar Svansson only for Standalone JIRA so there is no way to use this plugin on OnDemand platform at this moment.

However its possible to configure what will be notified, this configuration it’s made through Notification Scheme , there is also the Atlassian Documentation on how to configure the new Notification scheme as you can see on the following link:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Dela De Youngster July 5, 2016

The Jitter Notify add-on does not support the latest version 7 of JIRA. And it's extremely shocking how such a modern application like JIRA doesn't have this in-app notification built-in!... even though strangely, this is sort of available in Confluence with the notification tray.

There is already a ticket out to replicate this feature in JIRA. However, the status is "closed" with no information available as to why it is closed (Add the Notification Inbox/Drawer to Jira).

So is there any other option then for in-app notifications for JIRA (Server or Cloud)?!

Korey Conway September 26, 2017

What? This basic of basic features is not part of Jira? I was on-boarding my company to use Jira but this could be a deal breaker actually. Half the point is to move away from too many emails.

Suggest an answer