Jira OnDemand: How to change time granularity from (I.E.) "2 days ago" to actual-time (sic)?

OPSWAT IT Department June 17, 2014

When I look at a JIRA ticket log, the “time stamps” of each entry only say things like “3 days ago”, “4 days ago”, etc. I need to see the actual time stamps. When I monitor our analysts’ response time, it’s a big difference if the customer’s last entry was at 8AM and we only responded the next day vs. the customer’s last entry was at 6PM that day or even 11PM that day.

Is there any way to change the setting so that I see more granular data?

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Hi OPSWAT,

To change the relative dates to absolute dates it need be done by System Administrator, So on OnDemand platform you need to raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.comasking to Atlassian Engineers change it for you.

You can also send this documentation inside the ticket to show what exactly you need :)

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

5 votes
OPSWAT IT Department June 18, 2014

I have drilled into FAQ's and forum posts and have found a posting from Atlassian tech support stating:

(from: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/__date+and+time+formats)

"You can still see the absolute date/time by hovering over the field."

(original statement:)

"Relative time is used in date/time formats

Issue date/time fields show a relative instead of absolute date/time format (for example: Yesterday 12:00 PM instead of 20 May 2013 12:00 PM). You can still see the absolute date/time by hovering over the field.

(info) The date/time format reverts to absolute after a week."

1 vote
Alexander Szczybor July 19, 2019

Not an answer, but it would be very helpful to give individual users control over this setting. I absolutely do not like the vague "4 days ago" or "1 week ago" date stamps. Also, a recent release broke the mouseover date :angry_emoji:

0 votes
Dave O'Keeffe November 12, 2020

This is still an issue.  Please give users control of this functionality.

0 votes
Gauthier de Spa May 5, 2020

Hi,

This is still an issue, and it sound a non-sense to:

• have to install a plugin
  • have to hover on the relative date
  • see precise hours and minutes for something which happened weeks or month ago while you do not see it for something which happened e.g. yesterday...

Please fix this asap!

Regards,
Gauthier

Nicole Ionita June 24, 2020

What's the plugin? Thank you!

0 votes
Mark Kern [SaaSJet] January 3, 2019

Hello!

You can see more granular data using "Time in Status for Jira Cloud" by SaaSJet. Time in status calculations are cumulative in this add-on. If the user leaves the status of the issue and later returns to the previous one, values will be summed up.

For example, the task has stayed 2 hours in status A, then in the status B for 1 hour, and then it returned to the status A again for 2 hours. So, the task stayed in the status A for 4 hours and in the status B for 1 hour.

This app will calculate how many times an issue has been in each status, assignee time, average time in status, time in status per date and other. This reports are available for export and for a view as a chart.

Best regards,
Mark
SaaSJet

0 votes
OPSWAT IT Department June 24, 2014

Many thanks, Henrique! I shall open a ticket as soon as possible.

Suggest an answer