Jira On-Demand - Time in Status Report

Saadiq Patel July 7, 2013

Is there a Gadget that can allow a report to be created based on a filter displaying the time in status for each phase in a workflow? Basically, under a issue you have a Transition Summary which is great, and exactly what i'm looking for but for a group of issues, similar to the two dimensional dashboard which could display issues along with time in status etc...

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hi Saadiq,

There are some feature requests (albeit quite old) which addresses two possible areas for your reference:

I'm not really sure when this would be rolled out to JIRA, but indeed this would be a perfect implementation. Maybe you can vote or comment on the above mentioned tickets?

1 vote
Joseph_Patin May 31, 2019

Is there an out-of-the-box tool for tracking status duration available for on-demand version?

Mark Kern [SaaSJet] June 6, 2019

@Joseph_Patin 

Now Jira Cloud hasn't the native solution for your request.

But now this problem can be solved by using app from Atlassian Marketplace, like Time in status for Jira Cloud which was created by my team.

This user-friendly application calculates data about each status duration, transition and status count.

You can try whether the application will solve your problems by trying its free trial version.

Best regards,
Mark 
SaaSJet

0 votes
Kshitij Peter January 8, 2015

Is this still NOT possible?

0 votes
Saadiq Patel July 7, 2013

Thanks Justin, so in short not possible in the On-Demand version.

I see this as something other users must also be interested in for reporting, are there any plans for this in the future?

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Since you are using OnDemand, there is a plugin which shows you the Time in Source Status (which is the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin). I thought of an idea whereby to copy the values from this field to a custom field, and then populate this in a gadget (Two-Dimensional Filter gadget).

Unfortunately, to gather the values from this field would mean some scripting and the usage of the Script Runner plugin; which could not be installed onto an OnDemand instance (due to security issues in which this plugin may ensue if used improperly). If you have a self-hosted instance, then it would be possible to achieve this.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question