Jira Number

Rey Cadag July 22, 2013

Is there a Jira Number generated for every Jira Issue created?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2013

Ok, so what "mapping" do you have in Salesforce? Are the issues created by Salesforce activity and need recording, or are they created in Jira and pushed to Salesforce? What script, and where are you running it?

Rey Cadag July 23, 2013

I created a custom field in Salesforce that will contain the Issue Key from Jira. I'm doing my mapped at the Jira side. The issue/case is created in Salesforce and push to Jira by synchronization but when changes taken in Jira the values must reflect in Salesforce.

Rey Cadag July 23, 2013

No script yet, i'm just configuring it from Jira side. if i'm doing script, where can i see the editor to put in my codes?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2013

Um, the script goes into Salesforce, which I'm not that familiar with. Your script should talk to Jira, probably via REST.

You need to explain and/or think through that "synchronisation" you mention - how does that work? If the case is created in Salesforce, then it's that that needs to work out what it's just done and get back the Jira response.

Rey Cadag July 23, 2013

I got the answer on this. Thanks!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Yes, there is a unique number created which acts as primary key in the database. There is also a unique issue key of the format projectKey-projectCounter.

Rey Cadag July 22, 2013

Where i can access the field? Is it in the default field?
I just would like this field to be mapped in the SFDC, so when create jira issue the unique number will reflect on the SFDC.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

That field is not available on the UI, unless you store it in a custom field using some scripting or development or maybe using worklow post functions.

Issue Key is also unique as long as you don't move it to a different project. Even if you move, you can still search using the old issue key.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2013

The issue-id in the database is a bit useless to the end user without some code to drag it out and use it. I'd stick to the issue-key.

Rey Cadag July 22, 2013

Where i could create my script to access the unique number or issue key?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2013

What script? The issue Key is right on screen in front of you whatever you're doing with an issue, and it's in the url if you're just browsing issues, and in the grid if you're looking at the results of a search, and and and.

You'll need to explain what you're trying to do before we can help you much. Saying "create my script to access it" tells us nothing about what you're doing. (Also, you mention SFDC, which is utterly meaningless without a context)

Rey Cadag July 23, 2013

Basically, i'm working with the integration of Jira and Salesforce. And i would like to get the Jira Number created from Jira to be reflected on the Salesforce Case object.

Rey Cadag July 23, 2013

How will I access the Issue Key to use it in mapping between Salesforce and Jira?

Suggest an answer