Jira Mobile Connect And predefined multi-select fields

Marius Landwehr June 4, 2012

Hi,

i would like to predefine multi-select field in my jira-mobile-connect implementation

- (NSDictionary *)customFields
{
    return [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjects:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"10769", @"10771" , nil]
                                       forKeys:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"customfield_10130", @"customfield_10130:1", nil]];
}

i thought something like this would be working but it's not that easy i think :(

can you please give me some advice? ()

2 answers

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2012

Hi Marius,

Unfortunately Multiselect selectfields are currently not supported in JMC.

Are you able to work around this by using a different field type (even label) for now? Since the user is not actually choosing the values to set, your data should still be useful?

Cheers,

Nick

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2012

Hi Marius,

Nice idea! The customFields supplied by your CustomDataSource are currently not shown to the user.

I really like the idea of allowing a developer to add their own fields that an end-user can set when creating feedback though.

You could implement your own viewcontroller which first asks the user to set some fields, then present the JMCViewController. Store the fields that the user set in your CustomDataSource, then return these in the customFields method as you have above.

I would happily accept a pull request which makes the above another option in JMC somehow.

Cheers,

Nick

Marius Landwehr June 5, 2012

That would be cool too, but this is not my point. I got a multiple Selectfield in my Jira Workflow. And i would like to predifine this in my DataSource, but with my code above it's seems impossible.

Can you give me advice how to archive this?

Regards,

Marius

Marius Landwehr June 14, 2012

Can you give me some more information about this, please?

Suggest an answer