Jira Mobile Connect And predefined multi-select fields

Hi,

i would like to predefine multi-select field in my jira-mobile-connect implementation

- (NSDictionary *)customFields
{
    return [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjects:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"10769", @"10771" , nil]
                                       forKeys:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"customfield_10130", @"customfield_10130:1", nil]];
}

i thought something like this would be working but it's not that easy i think :(

can you please give me some advice? ()

2 answers

Hi Marius,

Nice idea! The customFields supplied by your CustomDataSource are currently not shown to the user.

I really like the idea of allowing a developer to add their own fields that an end-user can set when creating feedback though.

You could implement your own viewcontroller which first asks the user to set some fields, then present the JMCViewController. Store the fields that the user set in your CustomDataSource, then return these in the customFields method as you have above.

I would happily accept a pull request which makes the above another option in JMC somehow.

Cheers,

Nick

That would be cool too, but this is not my point. I got a multiple Selectfield in my Jira Workflow. And i would like to predifine this in my DataSource, but with my code above it's seems impossible.

Can you give me advice how to archive this?

Regards,

Marius

Can you give me some more information about this, please?

Hi Marius,

Unfortunately Multiselect selectfields are currently not supported in JMC.

Are you able to work around this by using a different field type (even label) for now? Since the user is not actually choosing the values to set, your data should still be useful?

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,296 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot