Jira Misc workflow extensions - Transition Parent Issue on transition with a blocking condition

Burton Simonds March 2, 2014

I am looking at doing an approval type workflow in Jira, that could have multiple approvers. I have a blocking condition right now that says all sub tasks must be approved before the parent can be approved. I would like to have it set up so that when all the sub tasks are approved, the parent moves to approved. If I use the Jira Misc Workflow extensions plugin's Transition parent on transition, will it only transition the parent if all the sub tasks are approved? In otherwords, what affect does having the blocking condition have on the post function?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2014

Hi Burton, I have done it in my workflow -

Do the following -

On all approve transitions add a condition- if all sub-tasks are approved and in the post function add the transition ID where in parent can move to approve.

Suppose if you have 2 sub-tasks -

So now if sub-task number one is approved it fires the post-function for transition of the parent but the parent won't make a transition as the condition of all sub-tasks approved hasn't been met yet, when sub-task number 2 is approved it agains fires the post function and now the parent will moved to approved as both sub-tasks are approved.

Suggest an answer