Jira Migration to new Server

Scott Spivey November 22, 2017

I am moving my hosted Jira to a new server and can't figure out one step in the process. In this article, https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-861253107.html, the instructions in step 3.2 instruct me to point my new Jira installation to a copy of my previous Jira Home Directory. I have done this with no problem.

The following steps are ones I have also performed, connecting to new MySQL DB and importing all the data, restoring attachments, etc. All of these steps have been completed successfully.

What I don't understand is when do I point my new Jira installation back to the current Jira Home Directory and will that include all of the data I have imported in both the DB and attachment restore. Can someone offer some instructions on this that maybe I am missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hello Scott,

As long as the new home directory is indicated correctly in the current settings, there should be no need to change the value. Maybe we can verify this if you post your old/new directory paths and the setting you currently have.

For the new db connection, the file dbconfig.xml in the new jira home should contain the correct connection string and parameters. 

Suggest an answer