Jira Mailimport - Blank Lines

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Hi folks!

I've another question to you out there.

We customized some Mailimports for specific Projects. They work just fine.
But if some Mail is importet into Jira blank lines blow up the whole email.
Sometimes it happens, that one blank line looks like 3 blank lines in the Issue-Description.

Please see my screenshot.

The importet Message blows up and reading is really difficult.

I would be very grateful, if somebody knows how to configure.

Thank you and best regards

Mario

Edit:

We use JETI (Jira Email This Issue)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Its probably a result of the HTML content of the email. Default mail handlers dont offer any flexibility in how incoming HTML is processed, JEMH does have such flexibility, you can confgure how whitespace is used when specific HTML tags are found.

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Hi Andy,

if you want to say that I have to buy a plugin - Only to fix a bug of a product we already purchased?

- I clearly say no. That can not be the solution!

I tried your tool, and it is really impressive how much options are configurable. Good job - no question!

But I don't want to fix a product with a purchased plugin, sorry. I hope you can understand this kind of view.

Cheers,

Mario

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1882

Suggest an answer