Jira Mail Queue queued time issue

sidleedevops June 27, 2018

Hello,

We've been having some weird latency/lag issues with our mail queue for the past couple of weeks.

After going through forums here and elsewhere, I've enabled Debug mode for our email logs, yet I see nothing out of the ordinary.

I've looked at my Mail Queue, and noticed that for some reason, the time shown in the "Queued" column isn't right.

Using the current example:
My first email says it's been queued since 11:20 am today.

I've got a bunch of other emails that their Queued time says 11:44 am.

When the first mail clears, the second email gets bumped first, and now its queued time says 11:20 am. Sometimes, all the emails will get bumped to another time as well.

The first screenshot below explains what I mean.

The email being sent has a Queued time of 11:20.

Once it has been sent, another email gets bumped to 11:20...and mysteriously, all emails (except the first) were bumped to a Queued time of 11:50, even though most of these were already in the queue before 11:50.

What might be causing this ?
I see no errors or issues in either `atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log` or `atlassian-jira.log`.

Thanks!

2018-06-27 11_49_04.png2018-06-27 11_51_04.png

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2018

@sidleedevopsAfter  reading your  issue, i have discovered that  it is related with this article please  check  it out. Mail Queue Never Flushed Automatically

Best!

sidleedevops June 27, 2018

@Moses Thomas, thanks for the quick response.
I have already read this, and we don't have this issue.

I've looked at the logs, and we don't any kind of "time shifting" occurring.
This only happens in the specific scenario I mentioned, in the Mail Queue view of the Web UI.

When in the logs, all timestamps are linear.

Suggest an answer