Jira Logo???

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2014

Hi All,

What is the best method in changing the size of the jira logo? It is by default restricted to 30x57 pixels?

We would like for example to use a logo of our own on our instance of JIRA that's 100x100 pixels?

Please advise - Must be compatible for jira 5/6 going forward?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Inject the following code by following the instructions here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Fields+Allowing+Custom+HTML+or+JavaScript

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Adding%20JavaScript%20to%20all%20pages%20for%20Google%20Analytics

AJS.$("h1#logo>a").css("height", 100)

AJS.$("h1#logo>a>img").css("height", 100)

AJS.$("h1#logo>a>img").css("max-height", 100)

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2014

I don't think that is possible at least without breaking the JIRA look and feel.

Also this will be a waste of a lot of space in the whole JIRA UI.

Do you really need to use such large logo ?

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

30x30 is tiny and causes our company logo to look distorted

I think atleast 50x50 or 75x75 or 100x100 would look much better - Why doesn't

Atlassian offer this basic functionality - Feeling very restricted at the moment.

There must be way to alter this

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

Here's how JIRA UI would look like if the logo is 100x100px. Do you think is is acceptable for you ? There is a way to achieve this, but it is a dirty hack and as I said it might break the UI on a lot of places, as the size of the logo is enforced by the AUI library top navigation component I think.

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

Alright I guess 100x100 would be way out, but I think 50x50 would look nice?

What is this dirty hack of yours?

Suggest an answer