Jira Log scan error: We couldn't run the log analyzer

Hello,

I got a problem with Jira Support tool. When I try to access to the section Support tools -> Log analyzer, I get error: "We couldn't run the log analyzer"

Immediately, in Jira log I get the following:

2017-07-19 11:49:09,762 hercules INFO f844439d-dfa7-4795-8b2f-b475157c28a7 709x141x1 1xijher 170.251.204.174,127.0.0.1 /plugins/servlet/stp/view/hercules/execute [c.a.s.tools.hercules.LogScanTask] Scan failed:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:154)

I didn't find any resolution about it. Could you help me ?

thanks

Nico

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Looks like some problem with JIRA connecting to itself using SSL? Check your certificate is valid, and you can use sslpoke to test this as well.

Thanks! Certificate is valid. I have tested with SSLpoke from the unix machine where Jira is installed, and the result is: Successfully connected

This test should simulate Jira connecting it self.

Beside, I have tested SSLpoke to confluence.atlassian.com, necessary to download regular expression pattern files (as suggested in https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/log-scanner-and-scheduled-log-scanner-790796841.html). Even with curl is OK.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Nico

i don't think so, different exceptions

I am seeing this issue with Bamboo 6.0.3 as well:

2017-08-04 15:40:59,009 INFO [hercules] [LogScanTask] Scan failed: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

216 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you