Jira LDAP group description

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

When integration JIRA with LDAP, you can specify the LDAP attribute to be used as Group Name, AND the LDAP attribute to be used as Group Description.

However, I can't see anywhere in JIRA these group descriptions sad  ?

Our LDAP group names have cryptic names (numbers) that never change, while their description can vary in time. If the description is changed, the group id in JIRA should not change, so we can't use the LDAP description attribute as Group Name.

Is there a way to tell JIRA to use the Group Name for identifying groups, and the Group Description in the UI ?

1 answer

0 votes
Richard Cross September 2, 2016

Yes, it's very odd, but although the form gathers the group description, it isn't presented anywhere in the UI!

I recommend you raise a support call with Atlassian (as I have just done) and see if they raise a bug/feature request for it.

EDIT:  I did this and the following feature request has been raised; please vote on it if you wish to see it implemented.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62417

Suggest an answer