Jira JQL find all Linkedissue that are Resolved

Michel Marcoux August 11, 2017

Hi,

I have a bunch of Stories in my project, and each of them are linked (breaks into) into 2 different issue types: Audio and Video. ex: Some of my Stories have 4 audio linked issues and 2 Video linked issues

I'm trying to find a way to search for all my Stories where ALL of the Audio linked issues are resolved. If one of the audio linked issue is not resolved, i dont want the Story to appear in the result. 

I tried some advanced issuefunction, but couldnt get the result i want.

thanks in advance!

1 answer

3 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

You may want to look at JQL Tricks if you are using JIRA Server. We use it to find issues that are blocked by issues that are currently not in an active sprint.

project = X AND issue in linkedIssuesInQuery("project = X AND issue in hasLinks(\"is blocked by\") AND sprint in openSprints() AND status not in (\"Awaiting Test\", Closed, Done)", "is blocked by")

If you are using JIRA Cloud, you may want to look at ScriptRunner for JIRA, it has a function similar to JQL Tricks that allows you to search for specific link types.

Michel Marcoux August 15, 2017

Thanks, but i dont want to buy that plugin for now.

Is there any other 'free' alternative?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

Sorry for the late reply. The short answer is no.

I do believe there is a feature request for it, but cannot find it at the moment.

Suggest an answer