Jira JQL edit story swimlines

Frederic Mohr January 21, 2014

I am working with a JIRA Kanban board and swimlanes set to story.

Basically all my bigger tasks are defined as stories with multiple subtasks. As soon as I start a new story I create all the necessary sub-tasks and it get's it's own swimlane. However I sometimes have single tasks, that are not stories but bugs. How can I keep the "one swimlane for each story that has subtasks" and ad another query that shows all tasks of the type "bug" at the top of the board.

I know I can just specify a JQL query that says "type = bug" and I get all bugs selected, but how can I combine it with the story setting? I don't know how to get the "swimlane for each story with subtasks" in JQL.

The final result on the board should be:

JQL: "type = bug"

JQL: "a swimlane for each story with subtasks"

SQL: "Everything Else"

Can you help me with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frederic Mohr January 21, 2014

Nevermind, I use Story Swimlanes and created a Task called "Fastlane" (for smaller tickets). Then I created a Filter called "All Issues" which uses "project = OP and id != OP-1" which selects every ticket except the one with id 1 (Fastlane). So it won't come up in my reports (at least not if I use the filter...) and due to the ID being the smallest of all tickets, the Fastlane is always the first swimlane. :)

Edit: Now I just need to specify smaller tasks as sub-tasks of Fastlane.

Suggest an answer