Jira JDVP plugin 2.0 and higher won't do AJAX lookup

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

I am using the Jira Database Values plugin for several custom fields. We are on Jira 5.1. After upgrading the plugin to 3.0, the AJAX search no longer works. I suspect it may be related to the HTML for the rendering.editpattern. I've also tried this on my test Jira which is on 5.2. Results are:

JDVP 1.4 - works fine.

JDVP 2.0 - broken.

JDVP 3.0 - broken.

Here is my rendering.editpattern:

{0}<span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Title: {2}</span><span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Status: {4} / Visit Date: {5}</span><span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Owner: {3} / Tower Id: {1}</span>

It used to show the ID field (field 0) in the text box, and the AJAX list showed the other fields nicely formatted. But now it looks like the picture:

Anyone have any ideas?

If it helps, the HTML being rendered in the broken version looks like this:

<input aria-haspopup="true" aria-autocomplete="list" role="textbox"
    autocomplete="off" id="databasevalues_customfield_10920" name=
    "_customfield_10920" class="ui-autocomplete-input" size="50" value=
    "29896<span class=\" style="\"color:" type="text"><br>
    Title: AL0036 - Coker Site Audit 1<span class="\"informal\""
    style="\"color:"><br>
    "\"informal\"" style="\"color:"><br>
    Owner: Kim Koesy / Tower Id: AL0036</span>"/>

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

The plugin developer has fixed all these issues as of plugin version 3.2, available at https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/src/69cbf7aa1e2a443ca04817ff1216e21e42027918/releases/?at=master

We tested extensively with multiple fields in Jira 6.2 and it's working great now. Note however that more elaborate HTML in the view/edit patterns may not work anymore (specifically span tags). We were able to use italic and bold tags along with line breaks to get the effect we wanted.

0 votes
Christoph Thomas May 15, 2014

Dear John,

we are having issues with a custom field not populating/not doing the AJAX lookup using the Database Values Plugin when creating issues from the dashboard or project summary screen. We are also using the plugin version 3.2 and Jira 6.2. Do you have the same issues?

Best regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer