Jira JDVP plugin 2.0 and higher won't do AJAX lookup

I am using the Jira Database Values plugin for several custom fields. We are on Jira 5.1. After upgrading the plugin to 3.0, the AJAX search no longer works. I suspect it may be related to the HTML for the rendering.editpattern. I've also tried this on my test Jira which is on 5.2. Results are:

JDVP 1.4 - works fine.

JDVP 2.0 - broken.

JDVP 3.0 - broken.

Here is my rendering.editpattern:

{0}<span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Title: {2}</span><span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Status: {4} / Visit Date: {5}</span><span class="informal" style="color: grey;"><br />Owner: {3} / Tower Id: {1}</span>

It used to show the ID field (field 0) in the text box, and the AJAX list showed the other fields nicely formatted. But now it looks like the picture:

Anyone have any ideas?

If it helps, the HTML being rendered in the broken version looks like this:

<input aria-haspopup="true" aria-autocomplete="list" role="textbox"
    autocomplete="off" id="databasevalues_customfield_10920" name=
    "_customfield_10920" class="ui-autocomplete-input" size="50" value=
    "29896<span class=\" style="\"color:" type="text"><br>
    Title: AL0036 - Coker Site Audit 1<span class="\"informal\""
    Status: Closed / Visit Date: 11/08/2012</span><span class=
    "\"informal\"" style="\"color:"><br>
    Owner: Kim Koesy / Tower Id: AL0036</span>"/>


2 answers

1 accepted

The plugin developer has fixed all these issues as of plugin version 3.2, available at https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/src/69cbf7aa1e2a443ca04817ff1216e21e42027918/releases/?at=master

We tested extensively with multiple fields in Jira 6.2 and it's working great now. Note however that more elaborate HTML in the view/edit patterns may not work anymore (specifically span tags). We were able to use italic and bold tags along with line breaks to get the effect we wanted.

Dear John,

we are having issues with a custom field not populating/not doing the AJAX lookup using the Database Values Plugin when creating issues from the dashboard or project summary screen. We are also using the plugin version 3.2 and Jira 6.2. Do you have the same issues?

Best regards,


Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,801 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot