Jira Issues Tab Grayed Out

Mary Wilson March 4, 2014

current user all of a sudden cannot access Issues dropdown in JIRA. Permissions have not change. Rebooted and cleared cache. Not sure what else to do.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

Sorry, which "jira issues tab", and what "issues dropdown"?

On the main screen, the Issues dropdown at the very top indicated below:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

That drop-down looks ok to me (not sure what you mean by "tab", but lets look at the menu first) - I assume the picture is what you are seeing and not the user? Could you tell us what they are seeing? (Just a quick description - issues not there at all? Or just nothing under the drop-down?)

That is what I am seeing. When the other user clicks the "Issues" drop-down, they see a faint shadow appear around that "Issues" menu item, but nothing under the drop-down - no issues.

I've checked all their permissions - and even given them permissions just like mine. This causes no change. I've had them clear their cache and delete all cookies and reboot. No change. I've also had them use IE instead of Chrome. No change.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2014

Hmm. The shadow implies the basic html is working, but not pulling anything back. Another couple of questions (I would start asking about different browsers, but you've got that one covered already)

Can you test what happens if they log in on another machine? Or if they log in as someone else who does not have this problem? Either of those tests will tell us if it is their machine or their account that has the problem.

Also, a quick look at other functions in Jira - apart from the broken issues menu, does other stuff work? Specifically, can they see an issue the same way you can, and does their dashboard look ok?

Suggest an answer