[Jira] Is there a way to limit the Watchers autolookup to a limited group of users?

Arthur Shvarts June 20, 2012

What I'm trying to do is to allow a user to add Watcher to an issue, without allowing them access to Browse All Users.

The way it works now, is to allow a user to use the auto-compolete feature, the user needs Global Permissions to Browse Users in Jira...I would like to limit this so that they can only Browse the users in a specific group and/or list.

Browse Users

Ability to select a user or group from a popup window. Users with this permission will be able to see names of all users and groups in the system.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2012

Both uses the same permissions unfotunately. Both auto-complete and user picker or none of it. You can ofcourse turn off auto complete but that is done system wide.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2012

I haven't seen one I am afraid. Maybe someone else can help if they have come across something.

Arthur Shvarts June 20, 2012

Thanks Jobin. Do you know if there are any work-arounds. Perhaps there is some plugin? I'm really just trying to prevent giving a client full access to our user directory, which contains other clints.

0 votes
martin.abbott November 28, 2019

Hello

I'm wondering if anything was ever done for this? We're facing the same issue.

0 votes
fundconnect October 21, 2013

Hi Arthur Shvarts,

Have you managed to solve this? I am sitting with the same problem.

Best regards,

Suggest an answer