Jira Integration with SVN and GIT

apolloraptor June 27, 2017

Is it possible to have some projects integrated with GIT and others with SVN? Or is it one for all of Jira? I understand Fisheye or SVN plugin is required for SVN. I have some projects being managed in SVN and some in GIT so the goal (for now) is to try to support both in the same instance of Jira

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

Hi Steve,

I did some checking and as long as you have the requirements for SVN you can also integrate Git into the mix and have multiple repositories linked to JIRA.

This article shows you how to link JIRA to Github.

Cheers,

Branden

apolloraptor June 27, 2017

Hi Branden, 

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I suspected but needed some additional advice. 

Thanks, 

Steve

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

No worries at all!

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

Yes, this is absolutely possible to have different JIRA projects using VCS repositories of different types (SVN, Git, Hg).

(You may also want to check the Commit Policy Plugin to improve the integration.)

Suggest an answer