Jira Integration with Informatica Errors

pokalav July 17, 2017

I am trying to extract Project Related Details from JIRA-PROD using the JIRA API and our Informatica Cloud Platform.

* If I only filter on 1 particular project at a time (Project = 'R9000'), the integration works fine. I also ran it for (Project = 'A7000') with success.

* If I attempt to filter on two projects (Project = 'R9000') OR (Project = 'A7000'), the integration fails

* If I attempt to filter for projects that are not null (Project Is Not NULL), the integration fails

The error message I am getting is as follows:
Error Message: Failed : HTTP error code : 400,Message :{"errorMessages":["Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'OR' or 'AND' but got 's'. (line 1, character 56)"],"errors":{}}

Here is a summary of integrations that I ran in the JIRA-PROD environment:

Time Stamp Status Filter Criteria
--------------------------------- ------------- ------------------------
Jul 11, 2017 11:27:50 AM Successful (Project = 'R9000')
Jul 11, 2017 11:37:35 AM Successful (Project = 'A7000')
Jul 11, 2017 11:45:44 AM Failed (Project = 'R9000') OR (Project = 'A7000')
Jul 11, 2017 11:58:31 AM Failed (Project Is Not NULL)

When I perform the same integration tasks/filter criteria in the JIRA-DEV environment, the integrations are successful.

My ideal scenario is to be able to extract the Project details based on the filter "Project Is Not NULL". e.g. without having to specify a particular project name.

User Account: svc.informatica

Source Object: __ALL_PROJECTS

Fields I am trying to extract: Project and Key

Can someone on the JIRA Support Team help identify what might be the cause of the errors?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

It sounds like there's some form of escaping or character problem with what Informatica is sending.

I'd want to see exactly what it is trying to send, in order to de-bug it.

Your last query is incorrect though, as there are no issues without a project.  You just leave the query blank, and it will return all issues.

Suggest an answer