Jira Installation challenges / use challenges

A2Z CREATORZ April 18, 2019

My company is using Jira on cloud but now planning to install Jira on their own server. Please let me know what are the installation challenges that might be faced. Also please let me know what are the challenges that might be faced during the use. I believe the features are same on cloud as well as on server installation.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hello,

There are quite a few difference between Cloud and server that primarily tie into differences imposed by having an externally Hosed cloud instance without access to the backend and requiring more strict access controls to the system vs an internally installed server, as well as some layout and design feature differences between the look and feel of the platforms, and add-on app availability provided.  Also having cloud means the system is managed for you and server requires setting up and maintaining the server.

First off we have the following KB article that goes into more detail and discusses the functional difference between the platforms, that I would recommend as the starting point:

You can also grab an eval license for Jira Server and set up an instance on a trial to see the differences in the platform first hand and do some testing to see if it fits your needs.  Visit my.atlassian.com to generate an evaluation license (or the system will take you there during installation as well when you are running through the install wizard)  If you're happy and you buy a full license, you can simply paste the new license in over the trial one and carry on with the system when your ready to fully migrate over

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer