Jira Install in Tomcat Success, Restart Failed

Winston Liu June 15, 2013

I manage to install atlassian-jira-5.2.11-war in my Tomcat 6.035 server.

The initial setup and configuration are completed. However, when I restart my tomcat, I encounter the following errors

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.

This is the first ERROR message in the log when tomcat restarted.

Timer-1 ERROR [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetSpecUrlChecker)] (from bean [&gadgetSpecUrlChecker]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.spec.GadgetSpecFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetSpecFactory]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.view.GadgetViewFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetViewFactory]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.view.RenderedGadgetUriBuilder)] (from bean [&renderedGadgetUriBuilder]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetRequestContextFactory)] (from bean [&gadgetRequestContextFactory]) org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard' has timed out at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50) at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105) at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555) at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

1 answer

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2013

Hi,

May I know the version and vendor of your Java? The errors appears to show JDK incompatibility. Please see this page for all supported platforms https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Supported+Platforms

Winston Liu June 16, 2013

I am using Java "1.7.0_21", on Ubuntu 12.

I am following the instruction from link below

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/install-oracle-java-jdk-7-in-ubuntu-via.html

(ps: I am not sure why all my line breaks are removed here)

Suggest an answer