Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Insight import - adding reference instead of replacing

Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out if it is possible to setup the CSV import in such a way that it does not replace already existing references instead of replacing them.

For example in Insight I have an object A which has a reference to object B. In my import file I now have a row which says that A has a reference to object C. The current behavior is that after the import A has a reference only to C.

How can it be achieved that A has a reference to B AND C after the import?

Thanks a lot.

Johannes

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Johannes

You can tell the import to ignore custom fields that are empty in the import, but you can't tell them to just add to existing fields. 

How would you ever tell the system that something needs to be removed? 
An import updates the objects, as in, overwrites everything that is filled in in the import. 

So I'm sad to say you just can't. You should keep both / all values in the CSV if they all need to stay linked.

If you really need this kind of updates to the objects, I suggest diving into the API's and see if you can do what you need from there.

- Tessa 

Hi Tessa,

alright, that makes sense.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Johannes

Like Tessa Tuteleers likes this

Tessa,

Just so I'm clear.  Is it possible to update an object via CSV and only update the attribute values that have changed?  This was possible when using Insight Cloud by adding a Key column to the CSV.

-tim

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you