Jira Incoming mail Handler

Nandeesh M S June 2, 2014

Hi,

Am facing some problem while creating issue via email. I have configured POP server and its working fine. When i configure Mail Handler and if i give Test it will show "No Messages in mail box" and if i save the configuration and if i try to create issue via email means issues are not getting created. please help me in this.

Thanks,

Nandeesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

That suggests your emails are not reaching the configured email in-box. I'm afraid this is a case of debugging your mail, not Jira. Check that the email is being sent, and use an email client to read the in-box. Check the mail server logs.

Hi Nic.. Now Email is getting configured and its showing issue and users are created but when i check in Jira issues and users are not created. :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2014

Sorry, that makes no sense - "its showing issue and users are created" but "issues and users are not created"

Which is it?

when I click on TEST in mail handler I will get a Notification that 1 Issues and 1 User is created. But when i check in issue navigator and in user management i am not able to find the issue and user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2014

The test simply checks that a faked email would be created if one was found in the mailbox.

You need to check that the emails are actually in the mailbox that Jira is connected to.

Hi nic FYI

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2014

So it is creating issues. I'm now completely lost.

Me too Nic.. Any guess what would be the problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2014

I'd try a search for

summary ~ "test-1" and updated > -1h

(Alter the -1h so it includes the time you sent the mail) to see if it really did create the issue. I suspect it's gone into a project you weren't expecting it to.

If not, then we need to read your logs to see why the creation is reporting a success while not doing anything

Nandeesh M S June 3, 2014

hey Nic in "jira outgoing mail" logs i found this,

"2014-06-03 16:02:28,158 WARN [POP server] http-bio-4040-exec-20 jirasupport 962x16070x1 zcds9z 10.10.22.109 /rest/jira-mail-plugin/1.0/message-handlers/test Unable to extract text from MIME part with Content-Type 'image/jpeg; name="image001.jpg"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2014

Ok, that makes sense - your email contains a corrupted/non-standard jpg image. You'll need to fix that

Suggest an answer