Jira Import wizard Error - There was an error importing file Unexpected local file header signature:

Wenfeng January 5, 2018

Hi All,

I am currently migrating from a server instance of Jira to a cloud-based instance. when I import the backup zip folder I am receiving the below error message each time at 60%.

The Zip contains both XML files and the data folder containing the attachment and avatars. Can anyone advise?

I have previously imported the XML successfully but missed the attachments, If possible I im happy to just import the attachments only if anyone can advise if this can be done with the wizard?

Capture.PNG

4 answers

0 votes
M Vijay Kumar April 14, 2019

Hello all, 

I am also facing the same issue, were you able to resolve the issue ?

There was an error importing file jira-export (1).zip: Failed to upzip uploaded file. Following issues were reported:

• Unexpected local file header signature: 0xFE3C06

Thanks,

Vijay 

Bruce Yen March 24, 2021

I got the same issue. Did you get it resolve?

0 votes
Inna Molotkovska February 3, 2019

@Wenfeng have raised a ticket? I am experiencing a similar issue and tried to re-import multiple times but no luck. My file is 1.5 GB

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

I would recommend opening a Support ticket with Atlassian.  We just did a Server to Cloud migration for a client and had to work with Support to get the data imported.  What we saw sounds a lot like what you are seeing.

Wenfeng January 6, 2018

Thanks @Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]

I will get a ticket raised. Are you able to confirm the structure of the zip file for me?

Regards

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018
Wenfeng January 5, 2018

Hi @Alexey Matveev

I did  but perhaps I got confused!

Should the back up look like this with the parent zip containing the attachments as zips?

JIRA-backup-20161021.zip
├── activeobjects.xml
├── entities.xml
├── data.zip
│   ├── attachments
│   └── avatars
└── logos.zip

or this with just folders and xml's as I tried this way and it fails every time.

JIRA-backup-20161021.zip
├── activeobjects.xml
├── entities.xml
├── data
│   ├── attachments
│   └── avatars
└── logos

The attachments are the only thing I'm missing at this point!

Regards

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

I will be honest with you. I never did the procedure before. But as I understand there must 3 zip files avatars.zip, logos.zip, attachments.zip in your zip file.

Wenfeng January 5, 2018

Ill give it ago and see how I get on!

Thanks for the advice

Wenfeng January 5, 2018

I received this:

There was an error importing file XXXXX.zip: Failed to upzip uploaded file. Following issues were reported: Invalid CRC. Expected 0x1E3AD8AB, got 0x4BF714BE

I have rebuilt the zip so will see how I get on from a fresh go.

Wenfeng January 5, 2018

I have had the same error twice now. I have zipped them using winzip, 7 zip and windows compression. Any ideas where I may be going wrong @Alexey Matveev?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

How big is your attachment directory when ziped?

Wenfeng January 5, 2018

4.39 GB @Alexey Matveev

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2018

Maybe it is because the file is too large. I am not sure. Let s wait until someone comes across your question.

Suggest an answer