Jira - Images are not shown in Chrome

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Hi!

For a while now, images are not shown in Jira. Please find a screenshot attached.

Other images like issue-types aren't displayed, too.

In IE it works fine.

Does someone have an idea what's the reason for that behaviour?

Best Regards,

Mario

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

Hi Mario,

Did this behavior started after updating Chrome? Are you running version 36.0.1985.125?

Please check for any proxy configuration. If you are on the same netword as the Jira Server, try to access Jira using the IP and port instead of the URL and check if the issue persists.

Kind Regards

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

Hi Bruna,

Yes! I'm running on version "36.0.1985.125 m" and Jira is on the same network.

I have no proxy configured and accessing it by ip and port doesn't give any other result.

I'll try to upgrade chrome and report the result back.

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

Now, on version 37.0.2062.102 m, it works again!

Do you know the cause?

Thanks, Mario

Aleš Laňar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

It was bad build of Chrome Mario. You could have a problems with confluence or other java webapps too :)

2 votes
Enver Cicak January 29, 2015

If you are serving JIRA through nginx make sure to turn gzip off.

Eric Reiche September 9, 2015

Thank you, solved my problem.

Like Josh Simnitt likes this
2 votes
Dewet Diener December 16, 2014

This has been an ongoing issue for me too (for months now). Over this time I've been running all versions of Chrome, including the current beta at v.40, all who suffer from this. Sometimes restarting the browser fixes it, sometimes not. I can load the images fine through right-click -> "open image in new tab", but it refuses to render on the dashboard page itself.

T_CON GmbH _ Co_ KG December 16, 2014

Have you tried to delete your chrome caches completely?

I am running currently Version 39.0.2171.95 m with no problems so far.

Yup, just tried that now, with no effect. Also tried shift-reloading, with no success. I'm going to try running this in a clean profile (i.e., no extensions).

Through a process of elimination, it looks like the "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" extension is the naughty party here. It prevents the images from loading, and disabling it and restarting Chrome makes everything work again. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg

+1 for sharing this information to us.

Dewet Diener December 19, 2014

I tried a few other UA switcher extensions -- it looks like everything that accesses this API in Chrome breaks the image loading.

Stijn Geukens March 24, 2015

Had this issue for months as well, removing the UA switcher plugin also solved it for me. Tx a lot! The other workaround for me was to open Chrome in incognito mode. Although the extension was also active in incognito mode, jira was displaying correctly there.

J March 30, 2015

The "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" extension was causing this issue for me. Thanks Dewet!

michaeldaly November 3, 2015

Thank you!

0 votes
SurveyAdvantage October 31, 2014

My entire company is experiencing this as-well; EXTREMELY frustrating as I'm having difficulty training my users as they can no longer see the icons they need to click.

We have been experiencing this issue for some time now but we are all currently running Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m.

0 votes
Brian Otto October 20, 2014

I just want to report that I am running into the same problem. I am running Chrome 38.0.2125.104 m, and when I restart Chrome the issue goes away temporarily. This affects all images in JIRA (priority/type/status/assignee icons, attachments, etc). I usually have to shutdown and restart my browser a few times a day now.

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2014

Hey Mario

This can be an addon relatated issue.

Can you try to run chrome on the "No Add-Ons mode" does the problem still occur?

please give it a try.

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2014

Hey Diego,

thanks for your help. I just tried it. Unfortunately it seems to have no effect.

Suggest an answer