Jira: How to show all user groups membership in user profile?

Todor Kostadinov May 19, 2013

Hi,

When an administrator looks in some user profile, all groups in which user is a member of, are visible. But when ordinary ( not admin ) user checks someone else profile, the only visible groups are jira predefined. Is it possible to allow all users to see everyone's groups membership in user profile page?

9 answers

4 votes
Rick Trudeau February 26, 2015

Was recently trying to figure this out myself and found this post.

From what I can tell, visibility of group membership on another user's profile is restricted to the groups that the viewing user also has.

So, if user1 belongs to groupA, groupB and groupC, and user2 belongs to groupA, groupB... then when user2 views user1's profile he will only see groupA and groupB listed.

I guess this is done for "security" reasons, but I'm with you, I'd like to let all users see everyone's groups.

1 vote
Juan Gabriel Mejia July 29, 2015

As an admin user (NOT system admin) how can I list the members of a group? (I mean how to list the group members from groups I belong to).

0 votes
Lorraine Gorman April 23, 2018

Does anyone have a link to JIRA feature request on this?  It's rather bizarre this is not provided.  I would like to vote on the issue if one does exist.  I will create a request if one is not in queue.

Cory Beck July 31, 2018

I don't but would happily vote for it too

KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2018

Add Option to show all group memberships on the profile pages -- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59862

0 votes
Max Gittelman March 15, 2018

Has this question been answered? My group would like to allow our project admin (not system admin) to be able to view who has what permissions for the project. Not necessarily to edit those priveleges but to atleast be able to view the permissions would be tremendously useful for managerial purposes.

0 votes
Deleted user February 7, 2017

I guess its still an open issue?

0 votes
Todor Kostadinov May 12, 2014

Anyone?

0 votes

We use Jira with external LDAP autorization, but the groups are manualy created in Jira, and users are added from administrators.

( Read Only, with Local Groups - Users, groups and memberships are retrieved from your LDAP server and cannot be modified in JIRA. Users from LDAP can be added to groups maintained in JIRA's internal directory. )

0 votes

What do you mean "defined in Crowd"? These groups are created in Jira.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

http://www.atlassian.com/software/crowd/overview

Users can view when access is given from crowd.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

Are those groups define in crowd?

Suggest an answer