Jira: How to create a custom Export view

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2013

I need to create a custom Export View based on the Word format. I just need to show a couple of Custom fields plus some predefined headers and labels in a document.

Is there any link/guide on how to customize this view?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2013
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2013

Nice! I'm glad you found the solution (and decided to share with us)

0 votes
VINAYAK SAINDANE December 26, 2013

Hi Adolfo,

Do you want to make changes in a code? or just intereted in modyfing columns and headers to export in a word format from jira admin side? if yes you could do it by creating a search filter and then go to "tool" >> configure columns and then export it to the word.

0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2013

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "headers," but does this documentation help at all?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Customise+Word+Export+Template+for+JIRA

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2013

That will modify how the current Word menu item works. I need to create my own (like Export/MyWord)... this will require to build a special Webwork plugin and a web fragment?

Suggest an answer