Jira - How to add a sub-group or nested-group

Kevin Portlock April 8, 2013

Hi, I have added Confluence to Jira for user authentication. On the Jira server I have added a user to the group confluence-users. I can log into confluence with the user that exists in Jira.

I am unable to figure out how to add the group confluence-users to the group jira-users so that all members of the group jira-users can log into confluence.

When I go to add to the group jira-users I can only see users and not groups.

So I cannot figure how to create nested groups.

5 answers

2 votes
Kevin Portlock April 8, 2013

It is working. I missed a new link called "Edit Nested Group Members" after I enabled nested groups.

Thanks

0 votes
C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Could you also change the Global permissions in Confluence to use the JIRA User group as the group to grant access? 

0 votes
Kevin Portlock April 28, 2013

Answered own question in the first answer.

0 votes
Kevin Portlock April 14, 2013

Posted answer instead of 'Answer Own Question' See post below.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Nested groups are not supported, AFAIK. You need to make sure that the user belongs to both groups confluence-users and jira-users if the user is expected to use both products.

Suggest an answer