Jira - How to add a sub-group or nested-group

Hi, I have added Confluence to Jira for user authentication. On the Jira server I have added a user to the group confluence-users. I can log into confluence with the user that exists in Jira.

I am unable to figure out how to add the group confluence-users to the group jira-users so that all members of the group jira-users can log into confluence.

When I go to add to the group jira-users I can only see users and not groups.

So I cannot figure how to create nested groups.

5 answers

It is working. I missed a new link called "Edit Nested Group Members" after I enabled nested groups.

Thanks

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Apr 08, 2013

Nested groups are not supported, AFAIK. You need to make sure that the user belongs to both groups confluence-users and jira-users if the user is expected to use both products.

Posted answer instead of 'Answer Own Question' See post below.

Answered own question in the first answer.

0 votes
Christian Roestel Community Champion Apr 16, 2015

Could you also change the Global permissions in Confluence to use the JIRA User group as the group to grant access? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,006 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot