Jira: Gadget to list Project Versions planned for a given time-frame

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

Hi

My user community is asking whether there is a gadget (ideally) or report that I can run against a given project that output the Project Versions planned or actual for a given time-frame.

I've looked through the default (out of box) Jira gadgets and the only items that looks vaguely in the right area is the Roadmap gadget *but* this looks forward, whereas I'd like something similar, but looking backwards.

i.e: an End of Year report that shows Application X released these version between Jan 1st 2013 & Jan 1st January 2014

Any suggestions on how this could be achieved (ideally gadget, ideally $0)?

Gavin.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013

If you are comfortable with REST and a bit of javascript you can use the Text gadget and load the data from the 'project' REST API and show it in a dashboard.

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#d2e231

Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2013

That's an intersting approach - I'll give it a go, thanks!

Suggest an answer