Jira Freeze while typing

Patrick Ermer June 2, 2017

Hello,  

Starting Wednesday May 31, 2017, some of our users started to state that Jira is freezing while making a comment to an issue.  We mostly use Chrome.   

Server: Ubuntu 14.04

Mysql server  5.5

JIRA Software 7.2.6

JIRA Core 7.2.6

Apache 2.4.7

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Patrick,

Do you ahve to restart JIRA? You may be running into memory issues and you can check this by reproducing the issue and then looking at the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log to find out what the system is reporting.  If you see java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space or GC overhead limit exceeded errors you'll need to address it using one of the following:

JIRA applications crash due to OutOfMemoryError GC Overhead Limit Exceeded

JIRA applications crash due to OutOfMemoryError Java heap space

If neither of those show up, you can also verify it's not a proxy issue by bypassing the proxy using the information in How to bypass a Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity.

Hopefully that can get you started.  If you have any new informaiton to share of would like to post the log snippet from the time you reproduced the issue please do so and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Branden

Patrick Ermer June 5, 2017

Hi Branden,

Another administrator installed a html editor plug-in which I believe was causing the issue.  I discovered the plug-in this morning.  Once we removed the plug-in, everthing seems to be back to normal.

I think we have too many administrators.  :)

Thank you for these instructions.  

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

HI Patrick,

I definitely understand having too many admins. I'm glad you were able to figure it out on that end though and I hope all is well!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer