Jira/Fisheye/Crucible Different Users

Emmett Hogan February 11, 2013

Hello,

First the facts...

• We currently use Jira and have an unlimited license.
  • We are adding Crucible & Fisheye for our developers.
  • We use Active Directory for authentication.

Now the question:

Can I use an Active Directory group (I'd even be ok with a local jira group) to restrict logins to Crucible and Fisheye? (The crucible/fisheye users will be a subset of the JIRA users...obviously, since the JIRA users include everyone.)

It would be great if I could have a fisheye-users and a crucible-users group, and not have to delete or inactivate the users in crucible and fisheye.

I sure hope this makes sense. :-)

Thanks,
Emmett

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Depending on the version there should be a tab in the setup that shows "Groups" or a "next" button that takes you to a screen with available groups.

You must edit the configuration and have a valid connection to see available groups.

Thanks,

Doh! I didn't notice the <Next> button at the bottom.

That worked, I am no longer getting the license violation screen, and I can get into crucible, but I don't seem to have the fisheye views into my SVN respositories any more. It's still updating from them as I see them in my repositories admin screen, but I can't browse to them anymore as a user.

Getting closer and closer! :-)

Thanks!

Emmett Hogan February 12, 2013

Uh...nevermind.

Somewehere along the way, my fisheye license was removed. Once I added that back, all is right with the world. :-)

Thanks for everyone's help!

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Hi Emmet,

From your question here, I understand that you are interested to have JIRA to act as user management for FishEye/Crucible. Can you please confirm this?

If this is true, then I believe that this should be possible. Basically what we can do here is to:
- Add the active directory to JIRA
This is as per outlined in the documentation on Configuring User Directories
- Then you may add JIRA as user management in FishEye/Crucible
Details on this is outlined in the documentation on Connecting JIRA for User Management

I hope that this will help!

Close, but not quite. I already have JIRA acting as user management for Fisheye/Crucible. What I need to do is have only a GROUP of those JIRA users able to use Crucible and Fisheye. We have an unlimited JIRA license and only a 25 user Fisheye/Crucible license.

Does that help?

0 votes
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hello Emmett,

You can only have one external user management directory connected to FishEye/Crucible at a time and the application also has a built-in user directory. When you initially create the connection to JIRA as a user server you will have to select at least one JIRA group to synchronize with. Your plan is exactly like that of most of our users -- establish a group in JIRA specifically for FishEye/Crucible users and sync with only that group.

Thanks,

Ok...I have my Crucible authentication set to "a crowd instance" and it points to my JIRA server and sync's every hour. How do I tell it to only sync a certain group of users?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer