Jira Filters - How to create a JQL filter that displays all issues in my Jira instance

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2017

Hi Community,

I am curious as to how one creates a filter in Jira that simply displays every issue in Jira grouped by issuetype.

So if my Jira had 20 stories, 10 Epics, and 5 subtasks. 

I would like the filter to somehow return all of them.

Also, im not sure if this is possible but when I add the filter to a dashboard I want it to show Stories: 20, Epics: 10, and Subtasks: 5.

Thank you for your time!

-Roberto

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2017

It's even easier - go to advanced search and leave the JQL box completely empty.

That's the default search when you first go to the issue navigator as well.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2017

Thank you,  Nic. I do not know why but I had a strong feeling that it was not possible to create an empty filter and I did not have Jira to check it:)))) 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2017
Hello,
Create a filter with a condition " status is not empty " or "created > ancientdate" or something like this. Then you can use Issue Statistics Gadget and choose there issue type in the statistic type field.

Suggest an answer