Jira Filter: update > resolutiondate

Nick Cody December 8, 2017

I am fairly new to jql and am trying to find if anyone comments or updates a ticket after I have resolved it. I know there is resolutiondate and update but can't compare each other, aka where update > resolutiondate.

Is there another way of accomplishing this or something similar to it?

Nick

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hello,

You would need an additional add on for it. For example, If you had the Adaptivist Scriptrunner plugin, you could use the dateCompare function, which let compare two dates:

dateCompare(Subquery, date comparison expression)

Kindly follow the link below for more information:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.2/jira/jql-functions.html#_dates

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Nice!

Nick Cody December 11, 2017

Yes, very nice Alexey. That seems to do what I want it to. Thank you.

Nick

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2017

Hi Nick,

There's an open feature request to be able to compare two date fields to one another: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-20727

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to get around this. Bummer! I would recommend voting for the feature request and watching it so you get notified if/when development starts on it.

It's possible someone might have a workaround using ScriptRunner or another plugin, but you would most certainly need something other than out-of-the-box Jira to do this currently.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer