Jira Filter Question

Gary Matz November 13, 2013

Please assist with creating a filter that will return a list of issues that a certain developer charged time to during a specified time period (2 weeks).

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

i don't believe you'll be able to get at it with a filter, but you can use this add on to do so.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin

0 votes

Makes perfect sence, thanks for pointing this out. I will look into utilizing the Timesheet plug-in.

I appreciate your help.

0 votes

I was able to create this filter:

assignee in (A, B, C) AND (labels not in (X, Y, Z) OR labels is EMPTY) AND timespent > 0 AND updated >= "2013/11/11" AND updated <= "2013/11/22"

There is an issue with lables and one needs to specify that it could be EMPTY.

Is there a way to obtain time a person booked to an issue for a specified date range?

Thanks

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Is there a way to obtain time a person booked to an issue for a specified date range?

Not that i'm aware of, which is why the addon has been so helpful for us.

to your suggested filter, using the updated column will likely be unreliable. imagine the case where someone logged time 3 weeks ago. then yesterday the same or a different someone added a comment or changed the status of the issue. that time logged 3 weeks ago will be accounted for because timespent > 0 and updated falls in the proper window.

Suggest an answer