Jira Filter - Creating a filter that shows tickets moved to a status past two weeks

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

I am looking to build a filter for tickets that were transitioned to "Released" and "Done" statuses in the past two weeks from Friday to Friday. This is currently what I have but not sure if its fully correct.

project = "Server & Datacenter Operations" AND status changed to "Released" after startOfWeek("-2") before startOfWeek()

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

I was able to get the query he wanted, he changed his mind from 2 weeks with date specific query.

Thanks all for your help!

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

use

project = "Server & Datacenter Operations" AND status changed to ("Released","Done") during (startOfWeek(-2), startOfWeek())
0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hi Bryan

There are 2 aspects - 1. is it valid JQL and 2. is it what you want.

For 1. the answer is no, but I'll move on to 2.

For 2. I'm not totally sure what you're aiming for. You mention the past 2 weeks and Friday to Friday. So what are you hoping for on Monday 18 December? Or Thursday 21 December?

project = "Server & Datacenter Operations" AND status changed to "Released" after startOfWeek("-2")

will always give you the prior 2 weeks, unrelated to Fridays.

I think you need to try and clarify what you're wanting to achieve

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2017

Hey Bryan,

You should be able to use:

project = "Server & Datacenter Operations" and status changed to "Released" AFTER startOfWeek(-2w) and status changed to "Released" before endOfWeek()

That should give you the 2 week window you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer