Jira Event Listener is not called

Aykut KANYILMAZ July 23, 2012

I’m trying to develop an Issue event listener. After downloading https://bitbucket.org/atlassian_tutorial/jira-event-listener , I build it and deployed it into my local jira installation. It didn’t work. I couldn’t see anything in log file. After that I changed this code to see whether it is working or not. I threw an runtimeException in the listener method. But anything changes. I add this listener to jira listener in which Administration page. Are there any configuration in Jira?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2012

If you've added it in the listener page, then that's where you have the "configuration in Jira". Have a look at the documentation for it to see what it should be doing and how to configure it.

0 votes
Aykut KANYILMAZ July 23, 2012

Problem is resolved by restarting jira. @Nic thank you for your comment. I read documentation

Onder Yesil February 18, 2013

how did you the problem resolved. because, i have same problem. i use jira 5.1.8. and I’m trying to develop an Issue event listener as you.

I added some print outs (see below), but it does not work. I see nothing on the catalina.out. it looks like the plugin is not loaded the JIRA and @EventListener does not work.

@Override
public void afterPropertiesSet() throws Exception {

eventPublisher.register( this);

System.out.println("REGISTERED");

}

/**

* Called when the plugin is being disabled or removed.

@throws

Exception

*/

@Override publicvoid destroy() throws Exception {
eventPublisher.unregister( this);

System.out.println("DESTROYED");

tommy guo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Yes could you guys please elaborate on how you resolved the issue? I have the same problem of the listener not writing anything to the log file.

Bhushan Patil June 19, 2017

Hi Aykut,

Can you please help me in putting listener 'Name' and 'Class' on jira 'Administrator' page.

Suggest an answer