Jira Email handler

Brahim ESSALIH December 18, 2016

Hello every body,

I configured JIRA to receive email from my account Gmail.I chose this option "create issues or comments on existing issues" . I developped also an addon triggered by adding comment to some issue. The comment will be send to a specific user. the problem is that when this user reply, JIRA create new issue instead of adding a sample comment on existing issue. Do you have any idea how JIRA do the mapping between comment and incomming emails ?

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ December 20, 2016

You must to specify the issue key in the email you sent to the user through your addon.

When the user replied this email, the issue key will be sent back to the mail handler which behind the scenes will find the desired issue to create a comment instead of creating a new issue.

Brahim ESSALIH December 20, 2016

Thanks @Jack Nolddor it works when I add issue key in the subject. When the user make reply to email it works JIRA create a comment on the specific issue. But some users makes forwards instead of reply, and then JIRA create a new issue. Do you have any idea how to force JIRA to create a comment like in the previous case when the user makes forward ?

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ December 20, 2016

Sadly, You cannot modify this behaviour because is how this handler works.
However there are other custom handler you can try, for example ReceiveMe Addon or JEMH

Suggest an answer