Jira Email This Issue: Is it possible to set recipient in template

Bruce Schlueter November 2, 2016

Hi all,

we have configured different templates and for some we would like to set the recipient as default. In these cases it is not the reporter but another organization. I cannot see how to set the value in a template or a context. Is this not possible or am I missing something?

Thanks for any ideas, Bruce

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Tibor,

thanks for your answer but I believe I have not made it really clear.
I have template A which needs to be sent to recipient A
I have template B which can be sent to the reporter

Both templates are used for one project and use the same issuetype. I have not found a way to build a JQL that looks at the email template e.g. if template A then recipient A.

I hope this clarifies the situation?

Regards, Bruce

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2016

Hi Bruce,

Are you looking for ways to configure it in event notifications?

E.g. if an issue is updated, send a notification email with template A to recipient A, and another one with template B to the reporter?

If this is what you'd like to configure, it is not possible at the moment. We have already implemented this feature and will come soon as a release. 

Regards,

Tibor

Actually I open the email dialog and due to the default settings I have reporter in the recipients and watchers in CC.

Now I change the template at the bottom to a different template. With this I want to change the recpients also. 

So I have no event handling with multiple templates to different recipients. But that sounds like a good feature and I already have ideas on how to use that. Looking forward to that.

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2016

ok, I clearly understand what you mean now. Unfortunately it  is not possible to change recipients depending on the selected template in the email screen.

Tibor

Ok, I thought so. Thank you for your assistance.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
November 2, 2016

Hi Bruce,

You can setup up default recipients via the Default Setting feature: https://www.meta-inf.hu/x/mgAXAg

It allows you to specify a scope (project, type, JQL) and configure default recipients. When you open the Email Screen, the defaults will be loaded.

Tibor

Suggest an answer