Jira Developer license use with add-ons for release test environment

Philip Baird August 4, 2014

Hi, we currently have a commercial Jira Installation, along with a number of add-ons, COnfluence, Jira Agile, Zephyr TCM, Tempo Timesheets plus a few others.

We would like to create a Test environment on which we can test the deployment of Jira releases, as well as for each of the add-ons, before deploying them to production.

It is our understanding we can use a Developer license to provision our Test instance.

Our question, how does the Developer license integrate with add-ons?

Will we have to obtain Developer licenses for each of the add-ons as well?

Please note, we not developing any Jira add-ons, our Test environment will be solely for Jira and add-ons release testing.

Regards,

Phil Baird

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Hey Philip.

You will need licenses for your addons as they have licensing for each one as they are not ruled by Atlassian (at least the ones not made by Atlassian).

One option is to use the trial licenses provided by each add-on.

hope this helps!

Philip Baird August 5, 2014

Hi Diego, thank you for response.

Where you mention add-ons made by Atlassian, does this include Confluence and Jira Agile?

If not, could you provide a list, or the location of a list, of all the products the Developer license WILL cover?

Regards,

Phil Baird

Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2014

Hey Philip, my pleasure.

The developer license you've got is just for JIRA. Any other product (i.e Confluence) or addon will need a developer license for itself.

1 vote
John Pellman February 23, 2018

Just wanted to point out that you can also just obtain developer licenses for add-ons via my.atlassian.com, just as you would obtain a developer license for your JIRA instance.

0 votes
Rick Li
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2020

Yes.  Developer license is available for add-ons as well, as mentioned by John.

See detail in  Can customers use developer licenses for my app  section of

https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/server-app-licensing/?_ga=2.49321958.1779776938.1598753464-582739545.1569850271

Suggest an answer