Jira Developer License

Brian Cook September 13, 2013

Hello,

Right now I believe we are using an unlimited JIRA license. I THINK that for having this, we get a 'developer' license as well. Is this true? Also, does having a developer license allow us to install another version of JIRA without purchasing an additional license?

Thank you for your time.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2013

Yes, and you can get a Developer License for any product you currently have by following the steps below:

1. Log in to my.atlassian.com.
  2. Click the '<tt>+</tt>' sign of your Atlassian product, your account management screen will display.
  3. In the Actions section click "View Developer License."
  4. Review the Developer License agreement.
  5. Finally click "View" to agree. A license key will be presented. Copy and paste this key into your development server.
    <sup>You can see more information regarding this in our</sup> <sup>Licensing & Purchasing FAQ.</sup>

However, please note that this license is used for non-production installations of our software, to assist with development and testing efforts.

I hope this helps! :)

Best regards,
Matheus Fernandes

Brian Cook September 13, 2013

Thank you for your quick response.

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2013

You are most welcome!

0 votes
Deleted user February 24, 2015

can we use data of the production server and using restore procedure? and give the development license key?

I am using data from JIRA 6.0.1 to 6.3.15

Suggest an answer