Jira Description content disappeared

Steve Schaefer December 10, 2021

I wrote comments about items in the Jira description over several hours, saving each time I added something. Now, I have gone in and my comments are gone. Another person has added their comments but it seems to have removed my version of the description. What happened? 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Steve Schaefer

Welcome to the community. 

Check the activity history. Most likely someone edited the description.

Cheers

Thanks--I checked. Someone edited it an hour after me--but why did it remove all my comments? I had saved them. It should have ADDED them to mine.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

It will only remove them if the other person overwrote your’s.

I don't think it was intentional. I had saved everything. How could this have happened. If she had opened the Jira and saved an earlier version with her changes would it wipe out mine? Very confusing--and kind of disturbing. I think the answer is to make comments instead, which persist. 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2021

Yes, use comments so that they are tracked individually. Anyone can erase description info.

Also, you want to ensure that the project has permissions where only the project admin can delete comments.  

Like Steve Schaefer likes this
Steve Schaefer December 12, 2021

Thanks!

Suggest an answer