Jira Deny guest viewing

On my instance of Jira anyone who happens to look at the site can see the Acitvity Stream, Browse Projects, and see Quicklinks and see internal information without logging in. The site has a public interface for users overseas. Is there a way to disable all external viewing until an authorized user logs in? I don't want any "guest" type viewing. --Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Its more the inverse, you will have projects granting anonymous access, so you need to take that away by checking each 'accessible' proejct for Anonymous references in the projects Roles.

- https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/14234/how-to-disable-anonymous-access

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have any of the general gobal users or groups that would allow generic access without authentication, based on that link. Every user and group is assigned a role and authenticated against the internal AD system. I just don't see a way to disable open global viewing.

You are right!!!! After further digging I found that by not assigning a user/group to a project it allowed it to be openly viewed by all.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

706 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you