• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Jira Datacentre error You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database. If you want to upgrade an existing installation

Jira Datacentre error You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database. If you want to upgrade an existing installation

dhineshk6 September 6, 2016

While settingup datacentre i tried to connect my 2ndJIRA with same db i am getting an error message "You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database. If you want to upgrade an existing installation"

1 answer

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Make sure that you have a JIRA datacenter license and the cluster.properties file configured for you JIRA node2.

FYI - If you have gotten to the screen of configure the database for the node2 environment then you are in the wrong place.

Make sure that you are doing step 5 and not installing a new JIRA on the second server:

5. Add a new JIRA node to the cluster

Suggest an answer